Caramel Sugar Daddy: Rich and Delicious
The Sugar Daddy goes back to the 1920s Comes with six large-size bars and the story on the label.
A Bit of History
The caramel Sugar Daddy was made in 1927, under the improbable name of the “Papa Sucker.” Fortunately, candy-maker James O. Welch Co., changed the name and added the Sugar Babies and the chocolate covered Sugar Mama. The decision highlights the role marketing was now playing in commerce – by creating a “family” of candies, customers could the whole set…or at least consider it with every purchase. James O. Welch C. also made such notables as the Junior Mints. One of the two brothers who founded the company left to start the John Birch Society.