1800s Candy Collection Box
- Experience candy from the first in U.S. history (1806) through the late – 1800s
- Created by the nation’s only research-based historic candy company
- Contains a scroll describing each candy – information from food historian cited by the Smithsonian, NPR, Fox News and others
- Contains 18 products from the unique to the familiar, most using original ingredients
- Comes in an attractive box, with the scroll inside – perfect to enjoy by yourself, share, or give as a gift
A Bit of History
The 1800s were an amazing time for sweets. Enslaved people made the sugar, abolitionists boycotted it, and Civil War soldiers ate it in their rations. While the fist commercial candy appeared in 1806, sugar only shifted from being medicinal to being fun in the 1880s. Now you can experience historical sweets in this exclusive collection and read the history of each on a specially made scroll.